If you suffer from painful and debilitating migraine headaches on a regular basis – as do millions of people around the world – Blackmores REME-D for Migraine Headaches might provide relief. We review the product here.
The first thing it is important to note is that this is not a pain relief remedy. It will do nothing to help you once the migraine attack starts. It’s goal to help reduce the frequency of migraine headaches over time. It may also help to reduce migraine-associated symptoms such as nausea and vomiting.
However, to benefit from this, you will have to take Blackmores REME-D capsules every day – and even then, it could take several months before the active ingredients kick in and start to deliver hoped-for results.
What’s in Blackmores REME-D?
- Tanacetum parthenium (feverfew) extract equivalent to dry leaf, 560 mg – known to reduce inflammation and stop blood vessels from constricting. Avoid taking feverfew if you have an allergy to the daisy family of plants.
- Magnesium orotate dihydrate (magnesium 3.63 mg), 56.72 mg – important for many processes in the body, including regulating muscle and nerve function including muscle relaxation, blood sugar levels, blood pressure management and making protein, bone, and DNA.
- B-Group Vitamins – help to support a healthy nervous system
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2), 100 mg – a water-soluble vitamin involved in the metabolism of many of the other B-Group vitamins as well as the production of Adenosine triphosphate (ATP), a complex organic chemical that provides energy to drive many processes in living cells.
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6, pyridoxine 20.57 mg), 25 mg – a water-soluble nutrient that’s involved in the production of proteins, neurotransmitters and hemoglobin, the red protein in blood cells that’s responsible for carrying oxygen around the body and to the brain.
- Folic acid (vitamin B9). 250 µg – also water-soluble, it’s involved in the activation of vitamin B12 into its active form.
- Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), 400 µg – an essential water-soluble nutrient required for the synthesis of protein and DNA, folate metabolism and red blood cell production.
How Do You Use Blackmores REME-D?
You should start using Blackmores REME-D by taking only 1 tablet per day, possibly increasing to 2 per day, as required or as prescribed by a doctor. However, you are only likely to start seeing any benefits after taking the tablets regularly for several months.
You can expect to pay around $21 for a bottle of 60 capsules which should last you for around 2 months.
Is There a Guarantee?
We found it somewhat disconcerting that the manufacturer specifically states that it does not guarantee this product or even its service. If you purchase from another online retailer, we recommend that you check out its returns policy.
The Conclusion of Our Blackmores REME-D Review
For many people, migraine is a chronic, lifelong condition. Blackmores REME-D for Migraine Headache has been formulated to treat what are believed to be the underlying causes of migraine headaches – and so provide longterm relief.
This is not the solution for an acute attack. It is possible that it could provide a solution to prevent future acute attacks.
Our concern is that you will have to keep taking the capsules on a daily basis for months before you will know whether the product works for you. And if you do suffer an attack after a month or two of taking it, does this mean the product doesn’t work – of that, you should increase your daily dosage (from 1 to 2 capsules) and keep trying, and hoping? There are no easy answers to that question.