If you’re looking for a brain booster – stay tuned. Today we have SmartX up for review. It has been popular in consumer circles and bills itself as being specifically formulated to improve memory, increase focus and concentration, and energize your brain.
Brain decline comes with age – that is a given. What is not a given is the rate of decline – it needn’t be quite as quick as modern diets are causing it to be. The brain, like any other organ, must be well nourished if it is to remain working at peak performance. There are various nutrients, vitamins and minerals therefore which can all play a role. Let’s see what SmartX contains and how these can help.
What’s In Cerebral Success SmartX?
- Huperzine A – A Chinese plant that treats dementia, memory loss, Alzheimer’s and other cognitive deficiencies.
- Vinpocetine – Increases blood flow to the brain. The better your brain is oxygenated, the better it functions.
- Phosphatidylserine – Phosphatidylserine is an important structural component of brain cells. This source uses soy.
- Bacopin – A traditional Indian plant used to improve memory and learning.
- Glucuronolactone – In combination with caffeine, it has a positive effect on mental performance and mood.
- DHA – It is often called ‘brain food’ because is maintains brain fluidity and cognitive functions.
- Caffeine – This improves the rate at which mental processes takes place and neurotransmitter responses.
- L-theanine – This combats stress. Stress raises the level of cortisol. This adrenal gland response impairs focus, memory and learning.
- B-vitamins – Necessary for all brain function, particularly metabolism. It is simply a brain essential.
- Schisandrin A – An unusual ingredient not often found in brain boosters; a natural ingredient of a Chinese fruit by the same name.
- L-tyrosine – Necessary for the production of the important brain hormone dopamine, affecting attention and learning.
- Cognizin – A branded form of Citicoline, an essential substance for brain health. It enhances communication between neurons.
- L-glutamine – This amino acid plays a critical role in maintaining synapses, and therefore learning.
How Do You Use Cerebral Success SmartX?
The manufacturer says you can take one any time of the day when you feel you need a boost whether this is in the morning or post-lunch. Due to the increased flow of blood and nutrients to the brain, this supplement may induce or strengthen headaches. In very rare events, such supplements may cause nausea, jitters, appetite suppression and depression (although anti-depression is common as well). Do not take SmartX if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult a physician before use
Each bottle contains 60 capsules. One, two and three bottles retailing for $65, $115, and $150. So, when you order the set of 2 or 3, you save $15 and $45 respectively. Free shipping applies for orders of 2 and 3 bottles.
Is There A Guarantee?
Yes. Cerebral Success says there is a 30-day, no-questions-asked satisfaction guarantee. You’ll be refunded in full once you send the product back (although not stated, this certainly implies you can use the jar and send back the opened container with partially used contents).
The Conclusion Of Our Cerebral Success SmartX Review
SmartX is well formulated, containing some unusual ingredients not easily found in other supplements. Unsurprisingly it has gained quite a lot of traction in the market. It tackles brain health from several important angles which also concern optimal co-functioning with systems in the body other than just brain-stem function.
If you have a soy allergy, give this product a miss as it is present in the Phosphatidylserine. SmartX is also definitively more expensive than the vast majority of supplements – and not by a small margin either. In fact, research shows that it is prohibitively expensive, with any negative consumer feedback relating to the high price tag. It is entirely possible that another supplement containing key ingredients such as ginkgo biloba, a vitamin B-blend, choline and bacopa will do just as well to improve your cognition, memory retention and focus.