The following review explores all the facts about Scarguard Lightening Serum. The manufacturer claims that this product will lighten and reduce the appearance of existing scars and that it can also improve under-eye circles, age spots, liver spots, melasma, and freckles. It is also claimed that this product is suitable for all skin types.
What’s in Scarguard Lightening Serum?
- Hydroquinone – 2% – reduces the formation of melanin and can lighten dark areas on the skin.
- Retinoic Acid – may help to treat skin conditions such as acne.
- MSM – can be used to reduce inflammation.
- BHT – can be applied to the skin to treat cold sores.
- Metabisulfite – can be used as a skin sensitizer and an antioxidant.
- Arbutin – may lighten skin by decreasing melanin in the skin.
- Cystamine Licorice Root – contains chemicals that might reduce swelling.
- Dandelion Root – may be beneficial as a skin toner.
- Vitamin C – may assist with skin conditions such as acne.
- Kojic Acid – is used to lighten skin and treat skin conditions such as scars and age spots.
- Azelaic Acid – may help treat skin conditions and reduce inflammation.
How Do You Use Scarguard Lightening Serum?
It is recommended by the manufacturer that you should apply a small amount of this product twice per day by brushing it onto the skin and then rubbing it in. The manufacturer also suggests that you should limit sun exposure to prevent the possibility of dark marks returning. It is cautioned that this product is for external use only and that you may experience minor skin irritation during use, however, it is advised that you should discontinue use and consult a doctor if you experience skin irritation.
You can purchase this product online directly from the manufacturer’s website and one bottle containing 15 ml will cost you $34.99 but unfortunately, it is currently out of stock which is extremely inconvenient.
Is There a Guarantee?
The manufacturer’s website does advise that they do offer a return policy which states that if you have purchased and used this product and you are not satisfied with the results, you may return the unused portion within 90 days for a full refund.
The Conclusion of Our Scarguard Lightening Serum Review
This product does use some good ingredients that could be beneficial when attempting to lighten your skin and it also has a strong refund policy provided by the manufacturer which may imply that it is an ok product. It is significantly worrying that this product is out of stock according to the manufacturer’s website and this could suggest that it may not be a popular product and there may be no demand for it. Scarguard Lightening Serum could cause unpleasant side effects such as skin irritation and therefore, it is most likely not the most suitable option to reduce the appearance of scars and dark marks. There are other similar products available from leading brands that have proven to be safe and effective and we recommend that you should rather consider these products as they would be far more suitable.