The review below focuses on the nitric-oxide supplement Nitric Fuel, produced by Twinlab. The manufacturer claims that the inclusion of nitric oxide, enhanced by beta-alanine, together with creatine, will help increase blood flow, thereby making muscles seem pumped up. In addition, this product is claimed to increase muscle strength and to augment performance and endurance while training.
What’s in Nitric Fuel?
Six (6) tablets provide:
- Niacin – Assists in reducing hardening of arteries. It can lower cholesterol levels as well as cardiovascular risks.
- CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine – This element is a building block of carnosine which assists buffer acid in muscles, enhancing performance. It also augments lean-mass gain.
- Mono- and diglycerides – These are food additives, used to blend water and fat-soluble ingredients, and to increase the shelf life of a product.
Power pump complex proprietary blend
- Di-arginine malate assists to maintain the right quantity of nitric acid in the muscles; it, therefore, increases the overall volume of nitric oxide in the body
- Di-creatine malate –this is a mixture of creatine and malic acid which enhances creatine uptake in the body to increase endurance
- Citrulline malate – this non-essential amino acid offers vasodilation, increases energy, and recovery
- aspartic acid – this amino acid is used in the biosynthesis of proteins to help with muscle growth
- L-histidine – this is an antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory, but it also has anti-secretary properties, which help to protect inflamed tissue.
How Do You Use Nitric Fuel?
The recommendation from the manufacturer is to take six (6) tablets half an hour before an intense training session. These tablets should be taken with 12 to 20 ounces of water. The manufacturer suggests that the number of tablets taken could be increased, but that they should not exceed nine (9) tablets per day. The manufacturer recommends that these tablets not be taken by pregnant women or nursing mothers, or anyone below the age of 18 years. Those on prescription medication should first consult a doctor before using these tablets.
This product is presented in a 180-tablet bottle. It is not sold on the company’s website, nor is there a price indicated. However, our research efforts found that one bottle costs $57.63. We were unable to find any discounts or package deals which would have reduced this heavy price tag for the consumer.
Is There a Guarantee?
The manufacturer clearly states that they offer no guarantee on this product. This is a concern, as it increases the risk for the consumer. It could also question the effectiveness of this product.
The Conclusion of Our Nitric Fuel Review
Having better results and endurance is important to an athlete. This product gives clear dosage instructions so that users who follow the instructions may achieve optimal results. The formula contains some ingredients proven to be effective in increasing muscle mass. These are positive aspects. However, there are certain concerns, such as a lack of a guarantee. This could imply that the product is ineffective. The lack of any package deals with discounts makes this product expensive compared with others on the market.